RMI without registry

jena.alok

Hi,
I want to create a RMI based client server without using the registry.I
am using the database as a storage instead of the registry.

Here is what i am doing

a) The server extends UnicastRemoteObject .I bring-up the server and
writes it's RemoteRef to the database .
b) The client comes up and reads the RemoteRef object from the
database.It constructs the Stub and invokes the remote method on the
stub .

I get the unknown source method error .Why the client is not able to
contact the server and load the server code ....

Thanks,
AJ

EJP

Hi,
I want to create a RMI based client server without using the registry.I
am using the database as a storage instead of the registry.

Here is what i am doing

a) The server extends UnicastRemoteObject .I bring-up the server and
writes it's RemoteRef to the database .
b) The client comes up and reads the RemoteRef object from the
database.It constructs the Stub and invokes the remote method on the
stub .

I get the unknown source method error .Why the client is not able to
contact the server and load the server code ....

You should be writing the entire stub, not just the RemoteRef. Simpler,
better. You understand that the stub & reference are not persistent,
i.e. they only apply to that invocation of the server? If you want a
persistent stub use Activation.