RMI works in one direction in VPN

Discussion in 'Java' started by Maciej, Aug 31, 2006.

  1. Maciej

    Maciej Guest

    Hi!

    We have two machines /A/ and /B/, both with access to the public
    Internet but due to the lack of static IP of /B/ we are using VPN. /A/
    plays the role of /VPN server/, whereas /B/ is /VPN client/. We runned
    Java RMI-application (JADE agent system) working inside of VPN as
    client-server application.

    The application works fine when application server stands on /A/, and
    application client on /B/. The situation changes when trying the
    opposite. Machine /A/ constantly *refuses the connection* to machine
    /B/ ("connection timed out", see stack trace at:
    http://tinyurl.com/erck2).

    /A/ is Linux-based, whereas /B/ is Windows-xp-based. Network analyzer
    shows that in both cases there is a traffic from /A/ to /B/ and from
    /B/ to /A/. Below are LOG files of Ethereal Network Analyzer) from the
    latter case, when the things go wrong (B:app-client -> A:app-server):

    captured at A side: http://tinyurl.com/hwpu3
    captured at B side: http://tinyurl.com/k32oq

    Also pinging from B to A works fine. Here are VPN configuration files
    for:

    A:vpn-server: http://tinyurl.com/jsqyy
    B:vpn-client: http://tinyurl.com/e5geq

    Any suggestion what could be wrong ?