Roadmap for Java 1.5?

Dave Stallard

I see Java 1.5 is up to Release Candidate status now. Does anybody know
when it's going to be an official release? I can't seem to find this
info on the javasoft website, or elsewhere...

Dave

Mark Thornton

Dave said:
I see Java 1.5 is up to Release Candidate status now. Does anybody know
when it's going to be an official release? I can't seem to find this
info on the javasoft website, or elsewhere...

Dave

Target date is apparently 30 September 2004.

Dave Stallard

Mark said:
Target date is apparently 30 September 2004.

Holy smokes! That's really soon.

I'm looking forward to 1.5, as it's going to have something I've been
waiting for for a very long time. Including things they should have put
into the language from the very beginning, like the "foreach" construct!
And autoboxing for primitives.

Dave