    when it's going to be an official release? I can't seem to find this
    info on the javasoft website, or elsewhere...

    Dave
    Dave Stallard, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Dave Stallard wrote:
    > I see Java 1.5 is up to Release Candidate status now. Does anybody know
    > when it's going to be an official release? I can't seem to find this
    > info on the javasoft website, or elsewhere...
    >
    > Dave

    Target date is apparently 30 September 2004.
    Mark Thornton, Sep 17, 2004

  3. Mark Thornton wrote:

    > Dave Stallard wrote:
    >
    >> I see Java 1.5 is up to Release Candidate status now. Does anybody
    >> know when it's going to be an official release? I can't seem to find
    >> this info on the javasoft website, or elsewhere...
    >>
    >> Dave

    > Target date is apparently 30 September 2004.

    Holy smokes! That's really soon.

    I'm looking forward to 1.5, as it's going to have something I've been
    waiting for for a very long time. Including things they should have put
    into the language from the very beginning, like the "foreach" construct!
    And autoboxing for primitives.

    Dave
    Dave Stallard, Sep 17, 2004