Role based security

John

Hi

I need to implement role based security for my app. If possible I would like
to use as many of the built-in controls login, create user etc. as possible.
I would also like to use SQL Server to store users/roles information. The
app will be hosted on a public web host.

My question is; Is there an easy to follow sample for the above requirement
which I can go through?

Thanks

Regards

Patrick.O.Ige

John will you be using asp.net 2.0 or 1.1?
Because if you will be using Asp.net 2.0 you have it available to you
already and that is less work for you:)
Hope that helps
Patrick

John

asp.net 2.0

Thanks

Patrick.O.Ige said:
John will you be using asp.net 2.0 or 1.1?
Because if you will be using Asp.net 2.0 you have it available to you
already and that is less work for you:)
Hope that helps
Patrick

agapeton

Check out the .NET 2.0 Membership class. If you are doing old school
development (non modern development as in not XHTML/CSS), you can use
the inappropriately table-heavy login controls. There are articles for
these (already antiquated) controls as well as the (very clean and
precise) Membership class at MSDN.