rolling frame (3)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Marek, Mar 24, 2009.

  1. Marek

    Marek Guest

    Hello all!

    I don't want to abuse this group. I know, that you expect everybody to
    give a solution first, when asking for help. I am afraid, that A.
    Sinan Unur will pop up and will shout on me ... So forgive me, I try
    nevertheless ...

    I have a friend who is claiming to have the hundred percent working
    roulette system. I said, that there is no such kind of system, but I
    promised him to program it in Perl, just to learn this language with
    an interesting project. So please don't laugh at me. I don't believe
    in such childish ideas ...

    I promised to keep his "system" secret. So don't tell it to
    anybody :) But his "system" is so silly, that I unveil it to you
    nevertheless :)

    If there is a double number in a frame up to $five, play this number
    $five times, just after the double number appeared. (The frame and the
    number of bets are variables). If there comes this double number in
    the coming five numbers:

    $bet*35

    if not

    $stake-$bet

    and see whether the double number comes the next game ...

    Already the "rolling frame" was over my head. sln in this group
    suggested the following code for it. I fired up the debugger, just to
    study how this fantastic code is working. But I am unable to implement
    the roulette system in this rolling frame. Would somebody be so kind
    and help me with this? Perhaps even offlist, if I am bothering this
    group?

    Thank you in advance

    marek

    *****sln code for the rolling frame:

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    use warnings;
    use strict;

    # Variables that control buffer manipulation ...
    my %Lines; # Line buffer, up to $frame lines: line => number.
    my %Nums; # Number buffer, less than or equal to $frame:
    number => [line,line,line]
    my $Frame = 20; # Frame size, can be many times larger than Subframe
    my $line = 0; # "line" counter.

    # Virtual frame variable (used for rampdown and data printing)
    my $vframe = $Frame;

    # Variables to control number matching ...
    my $rampup = 1; # 1 = process frame before it fills (no match,
    for debug only), 0 = wait for full frame
    my $rampdown = 0; # 1 = process last full frame until its empty
    (RECOMMENDED), 0 = do not process last frame
    my $subframe = 5; # Subframe size to check for number after double
    (can be 1 .. # for different effects)
    my $suboffset= 2; # Suboffset from 'double' where Subframe starts,
    'double' is on Frame boundry (0 .. # for effects)
    my $firstdouble = 1; # 1 = force first sequential double found (22)
    22222
    # 0 = force last double found 22222(22), offset
    should be greater than 2
    # Misc ...
    my ($data,$nbr,$nbr_count,$aref,$off_frame_nbr);

    print <<"EOINF";

    ===========================
    Frame size $Frame
    Subframe size $subframe
    Suboffset $suboffset
    Rampup $rampup
    Rampdown $rampdown
    First double $firstdouble
    ===========================
    EOINF

    while ( defined ($data = <DATA>) || ($rampdown && keys %Lines))
    {
    # Get digits
    if (defined $data) {
    $data =~ /^\s*(\d+)\s*$/;
    next if (!defined $1);
    $nbr = $1;
    $line++;
    $Lines{ $line} = $nbr;
    unshift @{$Nums{ $nbr}}, $line; # prepend line to
    array
    } else {
    --$vframe;
    $vframe = $line if ($vframe > $line);
    }

    if ( $rampup || ($vframe != $Frame) || keys %Lines ==
    $vframe )
    {
    ## Display/check whats in the Numbs buffer
    if ( keys %Lines ) { print "\nFrame ".($line <
    $vframe ? 1: $line-$vframe+1)."-$line\n" }
    foreach $nbr ( sort { $a <=> $b } keys %Nums )
    {
    $aref = $Nums{ $nbr};
    $nbr_count = @$aref;
    my @ln_array = reverse @$aref;

    printf "%3d: %3d times at lines (%s)\n", $nbr,
    $nbr_count, join(', ', @ln_array);

    #
    # Check if number is seen within a subframe at
    suboffset past finding its 'double'.
    # Detection of 'double' is on a frame boundry
    only.
    # --------------
    my ($cur,$prev,$offset,$check_subframe) =
    (0,-1,0,1);

    foreach $cur (@ln_array)
    {
    if ( !($check_subframe &&
    $firstdouble) && $cur == ($prev + 1)) {
    $offset = $prev + $suboffset;
    $check_subframe = 1;
    # ---
    # Force detection on frame
    boundry (full frame or ramp down frame).
    last if (($line - $vframe +
    1) != ($offset - $suboffset));
    }
    if ($check_subframe && $cur >= $offset
    && $cur < ($offset + $subframe) ) {
    print "\t\$\$ >> Found #
    ($nbr) !! Sequence \@ " . ($offset - $suboffset) .
    ", subframe = " .
    $offset ."-". ($offset + $subframe - 1) .
    ", line = $cur\n";
    last;
    }
    $prev = $cur;
    print "---------\n";

    ## Handle buffers
    if ( keys %Lines == $vframe || !defined $data)
    {
    # Deplete line going out of frame
    $off_frame_nbr = $Lines{ $line - $vframe + 1};
    pop @{$Nums{ $off_frame_nbr}};
    delete $Nums{ $off_frame_nbr} if (!@{$Nums
    { $off_frame_nbr}});

    # Maintain Line buffer size
    delete $Lines{ $line - $vframe + 1};

    __DATA__
    01.01.98
    Marek, Mar 24, 2009

  2. Roulette, was rolling frame (seriously OT)

    Marek wrote:
    > Hello all!

    > I have a friend who is claiming to have the hundred percent working
    > roulette system. I said, that there is no such kind of system, but I
    > promised him to program it in Perl, just to learn this language with
    > an interesting project. So please don't laugh at me. I don't believe
    > in such childish ideas ...

    There is a perfect system. Play roulette *exactly* *once*. If you win
    (as I did in 1981) you are, for the rest of your life, one of the very
    few people who have made a profit out of roulette. If you lose the
    damage is minimal.

    Incidentally, and this might be a more interesting project, consider
    what happens if you start with say $36, and play $1 on each spin until
    you either are ahead, or have no money left. Computing the probability
    of the two outcomes is a quite fascinating and curiously you are more
    likely to quit *slightly* ahead than lose everything, but over many
    trials the house still wins. However the probability of being ahead at
    some point (around 61% IIRC) goes a long way to explaining the
    phenomenon of "beginner's luck" and may be the cause of some compulsive
    gambling.
    Robert Billing, Mar 24, 2009

  3. Marek

    Guest

    On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:10:39 -0700 (PDT), Marek <> wrote:

    >Hello all!
    >

    >I don't want to abuse this group. I know, that you expect everybody to
    >give a solution first, when asking for help. I am afraid, that A.
    >Sinan Unur will pop up and will shout on me ... So forgive me, I try
    >nevertheless ...
    >
    >I have a friend who is claiming to have the hundred percent working
    >roulette system. I said, that there is no such kind of system, but I
    >promised him to program it in Perl, just to learn this language with
    >an interesting project. So please don't laugh at me. I don't believe
    >in such childish ideas ...
    >
    >I promised to keep his "system" secret. So don't tell it to
    >anybody :) But his "system" is so silly, that I unveil it to you
    >nevertheless :)
    >
    >If there is a double number in a frame up to $five, play this number
    >$five times, just after the double number appeared. (The frame and the
    >number of bets are variables). If there comes this double number in
    >the coming five numbers:
    >
    > $bet*35
    >
    > if not
    >
    > $stake-$bet
    >
    > and see whether the double number comes the next game ...
    >
    >Already the "rolling frame" was over my head. sln in this group
    >suggested the following code for it. I fired up the debugger, just to
    >study how this fantastic code is working. But I am unable to implement
    >the roulette system in this rolling frame. Would somebody be so kind
    >and help me with this? Perhaps even offlist, if I am bothering this
    >group?
    >

    >Thank you in advance

    Unfortunately, you don't realize, you have all you need to perpetuate
    the loss of your money.

    Nobody can understand what you say, thats why nobody responds.
    I've given you the ammunition, powder and gun, but you don't know how to
    use it. I've even commented the variables at the top you need to tweek.

    Thats as far as I go. I will not be involved any more, that's why I didn't
    respond (and closed tthe temp email I created) to your email.

    You have it all there. Just take it to any friends who know code and you
    have it.

    I will not be involved in any kind of mechanism (device) for cheating and
    I don't care about money, period! I derived a classic rolling frame without
    knowing the usage intended. Had I known, I never would have spent time on it!

    -sln
    , Mar 25, 2009
  4. Marek

    Marek Guest

    On Mar 25, 6:29 am, wrote:

    > Unfortunately, you don't realize, you have all you need to perpetuate
    > the loss of your money.
    >
    > Nobody can understand what you say, thats why nobody responds.
    > I've given you the ammunition, powder and gun, but you don't know how to
    > use it. I've even commented the variables at the top you need to tweek.
    >
    > Thats as far as I go. I will not be involved any more, that's why I didn't
    > respond (and closed tthe temp email I created) to your email.
    >
    > You have it all there. Just take it to any friends who know code and you
    > have it.
    >
    > I will not be involved in any kind of mechanism (device) for cheating and
    > I don't care about money, period! I derived a classic rolling frame without
    > knowing the usage intended. Had I known, I never would have spent time onit!
    >
    > -sln

    I only wanted to ask politely once again some help of this group, not
    of you sln. This should not be an device of cheating, and I don't care
    about money either (I spent half my professional life in non-profit,
    charity work for suffering children!). I thought, that this tricky
    problem would be interesting for you Perl coders; it is very difficult
    for me as a beginner.

    In any case your rolling frame is genius and I am very grateful for
    your code, also if you feel abused now. Sorry! I will try to finish
    this project on myself. Much better learning effect ;-)

    And sorry for my English! Hope at least this was clear enough to
    enlighten my intentions.

    Greetings from Munich

    marek
    Marek, Mar 25, 2009