Rookie question

Greg Smith

My current programming position may be cut in the near future. I am looking
to add to my resume.

What are the most popular java products for the Windows platform?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Monique Y. Mudama

If you want a job, you need to learn all the J2EE technologies.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/j2ee.html

This is not true.

But it helps.

I was looking for a job earlier in the year. I had no J2EE
experience. Most Java jobs require J2EE, and there are enough people
with J2EE experience that they don't need to invest in a person who
would have to learn it.

That being said, I got a great job working on non-J2EE Java. But the
opportunities aren't as plentiful.

That being said, I doubt you need to know ALL the J2EE technologies,
any more than you need to know ALL the J2SE libraries in order to be a
good Java developer.

Roedy Green

That being said, I doubt you need to know ALL the J2EE technologies,
any more than you need to know ALL the J2SE libraries in order to be a
good Java developer.

Job ads are asking for them, especially EJB even though I suspect most
people hired won't be actually needing that knowledge.

Monique Y. Mudama

Job ads are asking for them, especially EJB even though I suspect
most people hired won't be actually needing that knowledge.

Job ads ask for all sorts of things. Rarely are they all actually
necessary to get the job in question.