    2003 with .net frame work 1.1 sp1 installed..

    Any help???

    Thanks & Regards
    Balasubramanian Ramanathan, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Balasubramanian Ramanathan

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    Try tracing the message that is received at the server side. Also, it
    isn't clear which side is throwing your "root missing" error message.
    Since there are two messages and two senders involved (you send message
    that represents your request, the server receives it. The error could
    happen right here. The server sends a message back, and this message also
    could be poorly formed.

    Also, this problem can happen if you are reusing the envelope and adding a
    second body child. The trace will let you see this.

    Install a trace extension (available from gotdotnet.com) on your service
    via a web.config change. Then run the trace.axd utility at the vroot of
    your service in a browser, and send the message from your client. Then
    send it again. Then refresh the trace.axd page. There should be two
    requests logged, and you can compare what you expect to see to what you do
    see to help you determine what the probable causes are.

    Be sure to have trace="on" in your web.config as well.

    Best regards

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------
    >From: "Balasubramanian Ramanathan" <>
    >Subject: ...Root Element is missing Error!
    >Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:53:42 -0000
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    phx.gbl

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am using webservice.htc to call a asp.net web service. The web service
    >works find for the first...when i call it second time i am gettting an

    Error
    >." root element is missing"..this is happening only in remote...when i

    test
    >the same application locally it works find... the remote server has

    windows

    Dan Rogers, Dec 22, 2004