[root@localhost sec]# alien -r perl-modules_5.8.3-2_all.deb perl-modules_5.8.3-2.rpm

Alan secker

Alien Problem re perl-modules-5.8.3-3

I need to generate an rpm from a deb.

alien -r perl-modules_5.8.3-2_all.deb perl-modules_5.8.3-2.rpm

generates the follwing error:

error: Couldn't exec /usr/lib/rpm/filter.sh: No such file or directory

getOutputFrom(): Broken pipe

I cannot locate a filter.sh that makes any sense. I installed
perl-filter-1.28-139.rpm but that hasn't helped.

If this makes any sense to a passing reader, I would appreciate your
comments.

TIA

Alan

Ben Morrow

Alan secker said:
Alien Problem re perl-modules-5.8.3-3

What are these doing here?
I need to generate an rpm from a deb.

You will have more luck enquiring on a Mandrake mailing list about
this sort of thing.

Ben