[root@localhost sec]# alien -r perl-modules_5.8.3-2_all.deb perl-modules_5.8.3-2.rpm

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Alan secker, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Alan secker

    Alan secker Guest

    Alien Problem re perl-modules-5.8.3-3

    I need to generate an rpm from a deb.

    alien -r perl-modules_5.8.3-2_all.deb perl-modules_5.8.3-2.rpm

    generates the follwing error:

    error: Couldn't exec /usr/lib/rpm/filter.sh: No such file or directory

    getOutputFrom(): Broken pipe

    I cannot locate a filter.sh that makes any sense. I installed
    perl-filter-1.28-139.rpm but that hasn't helped.

    If this makes any sense to a passing reader, I would appreciate your
    comments.

    TIA

    Alan

    Alan secker, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Alan secker

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Alan secker <> wrote:
    > Alien Problem re perl-modules-5.8.3-3

    What are these doing here?

    > I need to generate an rpm from a deb.

    You will have more luck enquiring on a Mandrake mailing list about
    this sort of thing.

    Ben

    --
    "The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
    Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,

    Ben Morrow, Feb 17, 2004