Root node in a webservice in a different namespace than the webservice. Is this possible?

Johnny Fry

Ok, I've probably spent well over 20 hours cranking on this and I'm
all outta ideas. This is visual studio 2005 and runtime 2.0.

I have a class. On that class I have it decorated with a
XmlSchemaProviderAttribute pointing a static method that adds the XSD
and returns a XmlQualifiedName with my desired namespace and tag
name. Also on that class I have implemented IXmlSerializable, I have
implemented WriteXml(XmlWriter writer) and ReadXml(XmlReader reader).

I have a web service with one method defined in it. It has a
namespace that is application specific.

My goal is to use the Dublin Core metadata elements to serialize my
object to. The root element MUST be the Dublin Core element. The Web
Service SHOULD live in it's own respective application namespace.

The only workaround I have found is to put the webservices's namespace
in the dublin core namespace which seems kludgy at best.

Am I missing something? I have tried WSE 3.0 (QualifiedName has a
prefix property), [result: XmlElement(namespace="yadda.yadda"), having
<xsd:element ref="dc:dublinCoreElement" /> in my schema and
combinations of different configs all to no avail.

Thanks for any light somebody can shine on this...