Rose Perl Reverse engg problems : Bad File Name

ebandook

Hi ,

I am trying to reverse engineer a *test* perl module using rational
rose. I start by opening a new perl project. Load up the file in rose
using Tools->Perl->Reverse Engineer

and then

select it and Tools->Perl->Generate

which gives me a Bad File Name or Number!!!.

Can anyone help ??

Also recomendations of reverse engineering perl code using other tools
are welcome.

Thanks
Ebby

The Code: test.pm

#!/usr/bin/perl

#Author : Ebrahim Bandookwala, HNS EXP
#Date :
#Project :
#Decription :

check (qw(This is a sentence));

sub check
{
my @var = @_;
print @var . "\n";

}

sub check2
{
my @var = @_;
print @var . "\n";

}

sub check3
{
my @var = @_;
print @var . "\n";

Michele Dondi

I am trying to reverse engineer a *test* perl module using rational
rose. I start by opening a new perl project. Load up the file in rose

Huh?!? What is rational rose? (/me ^K to Wikipedia...) Ok, I find
this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_rose#Rational_products
using Tools->Perl->Reverse Engineer

A quick ^F-perl doesn't find anything there. Well, wp is good but not
the whole universe, and the menu chain you mention suggests Perl
*should* be supported. Whatever... I know 'bout rants like
<http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=622702> (at least this one is by a very
good hacker, notwithstanding the fact that I disagree with him) which
you may feel like doing as well... but... in all earnestness... this
RR thingie doesn't seem to be such a well known one. I think you
*really* would be more lucky finding the info you need elsewhere,
perhaps in a resource dedicated to it. The vast majority of
discussions here are about actual *Perl*.
Also recomendations of reverse engineering perl code using other tools
are welcome.

Thanks
Ebby

The Code: test.pm
[snip]

It is very clear to see what the code does. Although it is not very
clear why it does it, and why it does it so bad. (Basically you have
three identical subs which do the same thing, that is printing the
number of arguments passed in, and using an unnecessary variable.)

Michele