Rose Perl Reverse engg problems : Bad File Name

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by ebandook@gmail.com, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi ,

    I am trying to reverse engineer a *test* perl module using rational
    rose. I start by opening a new perl project. Load up the file in rose
    using Tools->Perl->Reverse Engineer

    and then

    select it and Tools->Perl->Generate

    which gives me a Bad File Name or Number!!!.

    Can anyone help ??

    Also recomendations of reverse engineering perl code using other tools
    are welcome.

    Thanks
    Ebby

    The Code: test.pm

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    #Author : Ebrahim Bandookwala, HNS EXP
    #Date :
    #Project :
    #Decription :

    check (qw(This is a sentence));

    sub check
    {
    my @var = @_;
    print @var . "\n";

    }

    sub check2
    {
    my @var = @_;
    print @var . "\n";

    }

    sub check3
    {
    my @var = @_;
    print @var . "\n";

    }

    , Jun 20, 2007

  2. On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:22:18 -0700, wrote:

    >I am trying to reverse engineer a *test* perl module using rational
    >rose. I start by opening a new perl project. Load up the file in rose

    Huh?!? What is rational rose? (/me ^K to Wikipedia...) Ok, I find
    this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_rose#Rational_products

    >using Tools->Perl->Reverse Engineer

    A quick ^F-perl doesn't find anything there. Well, wp is good but not
    the whole universe, and the menu chain you mention suggests Perl
    *should* be supported. Whatever... I know 'bout rants like
    <http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=622702> (at least this one is by a very
    good hacker, notwithstanding the fact that I disagree with him) which
    you may feel like doing as well... but... in all earnestness... this
    RR thingie doesn't seem to be such a well known one. I think you
    *really* would be more lucky finding the info you need elsewhere,
    perhaps in a resource dedicated to it. The vast majority of
    discussions here are about actual *Perl*.

    >Also recomendations of reverse engineering perl code using other tools
    >are welcome.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Ebby
    >
    >The Code: test.pm

    [snip]

    It is very clear to see what the code does. Although it is not very
    clear why it does it, and why it does it so bad. (Basically you have
    three identical subs which do the same thing, that is printing the
    number of arguments passed in, and using an unnecessary variable.)

    Michele

    Michele Dondi, Jun 23, 2007