    animated fashion. i know i could use an animated gif but i really want a
    coded version (the image will be a 50k jpeg

    mark
    mark | r, Jul 2, 2003

  2. mark | r wrote:
    > is there any dhtml that will allow me to rotate an image 60 degrees in an
    > animated fashion. i know i could use an animated gif but i really want a
    > coded version (the image will be a 50k jpeg

    Using your keywords in Google I found this:
    <http://www.walterzorn.com/rotate_img/rotate_img.htm>

    Note the warnings.

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 2, 2003

  3. mark | r

    Richard Guest

    "Matthias Gutfeldt" <> wrote in message
    > mark | r wrote:
    > > is there any dhtml that will allow me to rotate an image 60 degrees in

    an
    > > animated fashion. i know i could use an animated gif but i really want a
    > > coded version (the image will be a 50k jpeg

    > Using your keywords in Google I found this:
    > <http://www.walterzorn.com/rotate_img/rotate_img.htm>
    >
    > Note the warnings.
    >

    > Matthias

    Nice trick. But not what the OP wants. I believe he's asking to physical
    change the appearance of the image from a flat image to that of an angled
    appearance as if looking at it from other than directly on.
    Richard, Jul 2, 2003
  4. mark | r

    mark | r Guest

    > > > is there any dhtml that will allow me to rotate an image 60 degrees in
    > an
    > > > animated fashion. i know i could use an animated gif but i really want

    > > > coded version (the image will be a 50k jpeg

    > > Using your keywords in Google I found this:
    > > <http://www.walterzorn.com/rotate_img/rotate_img.htm>
    > >

    > Nice trick. But not what the OP wants. I believe he's asking to physical
    > change the appearance of the image from a flat image to that of an angled
    > appearance as if looking at it from other than directly on.

    nope the script does what i want, only its a little code intensive as it
    uses loads of divs and crops out each pixel of the image in order to change
    its position, which for a 300x250 px image is a massive task and not really
    what im after

    ah well...

    thanks

    mark
    mark | r, Jul 2, 2003
  5. mark | r

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > "Rotate" an image has a few different meanings. It was not clear what
    > you were looking for.
    > If the script is to complicated, it might be easier doing it with an
    > animated gif.

    Or not doing it at all - moving images etc just detract from the content -
    expecially an image that large (300x250px). If you *must* rotate it, I
    suggest you just do it the once - don't let it keep rotating forever.

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jul 2, 2003