    no, that doesn't work, but the code warriors couldn't even tell me
    that, so once again, thanks for nothing. When I get time I'll do it in
    HTML.

    thedarkman, Oct 13, 2010

  2. thedarkman

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 13 Oct 2010, the varmint thedarkman <>
    glyphed:

    > Yes, his name is Alexander Baron, and as usual he can't get a simple
    > answer to what he assumed was a simple question.

    Actually, "he" did get a simple answer to the question. Sherm Pendley
    gave an excellent answer but ol' Alex just can't read. Alex also seems
    unable to provide replied-to text so someone new to the thread has at
    least a partial idea of what's going on.

    > It's a good thing I didn't ask how to italicise text or insert a
    > hyperlink, I'd have got a dissertation.

    What does it matter? You don't understand anything, anyway.

    > What I was looking for was something like
    >
    > <rotate>GRACELAND</rotate>

    I was looking for $100,000 bill in the dumpster. Er, didn't find one.

    > no, that doesn't work, but the code warriors couldn't even tell me
    > that, so once again, thanks for nothing. When I get time I'll do it
    > in HTML.

    Make sure you have enough time to do something right for a change.

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/

    Neredbojias, Oct 13, 2010

  3. "Sherm Pendley" <> wrote in message
    > thedarkman <> writes:
    >
    >> Yes, his name is Alexander Baron, and as usual he can't get a simple
    >> answer to what he assumed was a simple question.

    > You *got* a simple answer. WTF are you on about?

    He asked, could he make his text flow
    In a vertical way just for show?
    The answer he sought,
    And then later fought:
    One word, and that was simply "No"!

    Paul :)

    Paul E. Schoen, Oct 13, 2010
  4. On 13/10/10 20:54, thedarkman wrote:
    > Yes, his name is Alexander Baron, and as usual he can't get a simple
    > answer to what he assumed was a simple question.
    >
    > It's a good thing I didn't ask how to italicise text or insert a
    > hyperlink, I'd have got a dissertation.
    >
    > What I was looking for was something like
    >
    > <rotate>GRACELAND</rotate>
    >
    > no, that doesn't work, but the code warriors couldn't even tell me
    > that, so once again, thanks for nothing. When I get time I'll do it in
    > HTML.

    You are asking for a purely html method of doing something that can not
    be done using just html.

    Here is your simple answer:

    There is no way to rotate text just using html.

    You won't do it in html, because there is no way to do it in html.

    Several people suggested that you look at css 3, because css 3 does have
    a method of doing what you want. You responded with "I can't be bothered
    to use css, I want to use html".

    Fine, do it your way. Let us know when you've solved it, because none of
    us know how to do it, because html doesn't have a feature to do what you
    want to do in html.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Oct 14, 2010