rotating text in HTML

thedarkman

I can't find a tag for this. I presume there is one, and I don't want
to have to resort to style sheets. Basically I want to publish one
short poem - written in a visual style - whch has three verses written
at 90%.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

thanks

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed thedarkman
I can't find a tag for this. I presume there is one,

Did you check the HTML spec? [http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-
19991224/index/elements.html] If there is no element there that fits your
bill, then it does not exist.
and I don't want
to have to resort to style sheets. Basically I want to publish one
short poem - written in a visual style -

I find it ironic that you say "written in a visual _style_" and yet do
not want to have to "resort to _style_sheets".

whch has three verses written

90% of what?
Is there a simple way of doing this?

thanks

Do you have a URL? That would be most helpful.

dorayme

<[email protected]
thedarkman said:
I can't find a tag for this. I presume there is one, and I don't want
to have to resort to style sheets. Basically I want to publish one
short poem - written in a visual style - whch has three verses written
at 90%.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

Not in HTML alone, without using a link to something else like an
image.

1

123Jim

thedarkman said:
I can't find a tag for this. I presume there is one, and I don't want
to have to resort to style sheets. Basically I want to publish one
short poem - written in a visual style - whch has three verses written
at 90%.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

How about creating a png image with your poem on it .. you could also place
regular formatted text, but invisible, over the top of the image, .. ..
Anyone wishing to copy/paste the text can do so. . It would not be styled at
90 degrees, that is the job of your image.

Nico Schuyt

thedarkman said:
I can't find a tag for this. I presume there is one, and I don't want
to have to resort to style sheets. Basically I want to publish one
short poem - written in a visual style - whch has three verses written
at 90%.
Is there a simple way of doing this?

&nbsp; r o t a t e d</td></tr>

Jonathan N. Little

Nico said:
&nbsp; r o t a t e d</td></tr>

Firstly, this does not "rotate" the text as the OP wishes but rather
stacks it vertically one character at a time. Secondly, it uses the
"dreaded" style which the misguided darkman wishes to avoid. In HTML it
would have been:

To OP, the definitive answer is there is no HTML element or attribute to
do what you wish. And whatever is the reason for your aversion to
stylesheets if you wish to do web designer, I say get over it! It is
just one of the necessary tools for the job, like trying to be a
carpenter and having an aversion to the hammer.