Rotation on FF and IE

Discussion in 'HTML' started by fulio pen, May 4, 2011.

  1. fulio pen

    fulio pen Guest

    Hello,

    A rotation is included in the following web page. Please open it with
    FF and IE. You will see the rotation is achieved on FF, but not IE:

    http://www.pinyinology.com/shuangWen/shuangWen2b.html

    The css code for the rotation is listed as below:

    ..rotate {
    -webkit-transform: rotate(-270deg);
    -moz-transform: rotate(-270deg);
    -o-transform: rotate(-90deg);
    -ms-transform: rotate(-90deg);
    transform: rotate(-270deg);
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);
    font-size:160%;
    }

    Help is appreciated for accomplishing the rotation on both the FF and
    IE. Thanks for your expertise.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, May 4, 2011

  2. fulio pen

    123Jim Guest

    "fulio pen" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > A rotation is included in the following web page. Please open it with
    > FF and IE. You will see the rotation is achieved on FF, but not IE:
    >
    > http://www.pinyinology.com/shuangWen/shuangWen2b.html
    >
    > The css code for the rotation is listed as below:
    >
    > .rotate {
    > -webkit-transform: rotate(-270deg);
    > -moz-transform: rotate(-270deg);
    > -o-transform: rotate(-90deg);
    > -ms-transform: rotate(-90deg);
    > transform: rotate(-270deg);
    > filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);
    > font-size:160%;
    > }
    >
    > Help is appreciated for accomplishing the rotation on both the FF and
    > IE. Thanks for your expertise.

    In your .rotate class
    add:

    display: block;
    position: absolute;

    Change:
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=1);

    Then you 'll need to play around with the absolute positioning to have the
    text back where you want it.
    123Jim, May 4, 2011

  3. fulio pen

    fulio pen Guest

    On May 4, 5:04 am, "123Jim" <> wrote:
    > "fulio pen" <> wrote in message

    > > Hello,

    > > A rotation is included in the following web page. Please open it with
    > > FF and IE. You will see the rotation is achieved on FF, but not IE:

    > >http://www.pinyinology.com/shuangWen/shuangWen2b.html

    > > The css code for the rotation is listed as below:

    > > .rotate {
    > > -webkit-transform: rotate(-270deg);
    > > -moz-transform: rotate(-270deg);
    > > -o-transform: rotate(-90deg);
    > > -ms-transform: rotate(-90deg);
    > > transform: rotate(-270deg);
    > > filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);
    > > font-size:160%;
    > > }

    > > Help is appreciated for accomplishing the rotation on both the FF and
    > > IE. Thanks for your expertise.

    > In your .rotate class
    > add:
    >
    > display: block;
    > position: absolute;
    >
    > Change:
    > filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);
    > filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=1);
    >
    > Then you 'll need to play around with the absolute positioning to have the
    > text back where you want it.

    Hello,

    I changed the code as advised. Now the file displays right on all IE,
    FF and Chrome.

    http://www.pinyinology.com/shuangWen/shuangWen2c.html

    Thanks a lot four your help.

    fulio pen