Rote - feedback request

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ross Bamford, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Ross Bamford

    Ross Bamford Guest

    Hi,

    Rote (http://rote.rubyforge.org/) is looking for brutally honest people
    who have looked at, or maybe even are using Rote, to give feedback about
    their experiences with Rote, the things they like/don't like about it, and
    share any ideas they may have for enhancements. Rote's development so far
    has happened *very* quickly thanks to contributions from the community,
    and we still have a lot of ideas on the table for implementation over the
    next few months.

    Over Christmas I stepped back from development to get some time really
    using some of the new features we put in, and let several ideas percolate
    for a while. While I now have a better idea of where Rote could go, I
    think that now is an ideal time to get as many ideas from outside the
    project as possible.

    My feeling right now is that Rote is pretty much feature complete, with
    only additional macros and filters, plus a few small enhancements to the
    API (for instance to allow many ActionView helpers to be used in static
    templates) left for 1.0. Generally I think that 'less is more' in this
    regard - do others agree that Rote should stay simple and flexible?

    Cheers,
    Ross

    --
    Ross Bamford -