    Will the program run cpu processes, and also io processes
    simultaniously?

    thank you for any help/ideas.
    Hraggie, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Hraggie wrote:
    > Will the program run cpu processes, and also io processes
    > simultaniously?

    Yes, CPU send the request to the controler to get some IO data into
    memory and give slice to another process.

    But, your question don't have anything with Java at all, as far as I see.

    --
    Mladen Adamovic
    http://home.blic.net/adamm
    Mladen Adamovic, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Hraggie wrote:
    > I need some more information about the RR scheduling algorithm.

    You'd better specify what OS you're using if you want a sensible answer.

    Not all OSen use round robin scheduling. In any case the way processes
    and threads in the JVM map onto OS scheduling methods is also very
    system dependent.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK