Rounded boxes

Luigi Donatello Asero

Is it possible to display links which have the appearance of rounded buttons
(circles) instead of squares or rectangulars by using CSS?
Any references?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Ed Seedhouse said:
Sure - put them in an unordered list (which is where they probably
belong anyway) and use "the list-style-type:circle;" CSS rule.

Sorry, I could not explain it so well.
I did not mean the round bullets.
(I had already tested them)
Do you see the menu on the left side of the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php ?
Well, it has rectangular boxes.
Now how would I display for example them in a shape of rounded buttons,
instead?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Sorry, I could not explain it so well.
I did not mean the round bullets.
(I had already tested them)
Do you see the menu on the left side of the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php ?
Well, it has rectangular boxes.
Now how would I display for example them in a shape of rounded buttons,
instead?

There is something here on the use of SVG
but it did not work for some reason which I am missing
http://www.w3.org/1999/07/30/WD-SVG-19990730/styling.html#SVGUseOfCSS

cwdjrxyz

Luigi said:
Is it possible to display links which have the appearance of rounded buttons
(circles) instead of squares or rectangulars by using CSS?
Any references?

The program ZPaint is free and can be used to make many styles of 3D
buttons for links. You can download it from
www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/ . I have it, and it downloaded without
any uninvited guests. If you want to get very fancy using it, it helps
to have an image tool such as PaintShop, but this is not needed for
more simple buttons.

Luigi Donatello Asero

cwdjrxyz said:
The program ZPaint is free and can be used to make many styles of 3D
buttons for links. You can download it from
www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/ . I have it, and it downloaded without
any uninvited guests. If you want to get very fancy using it, it helps
to have an image tool such as PaintShop, but this is not needed for
more simple buttons.

Other solutions to display links which have the appearance of rounded
buttons without SVD?

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Is it possible to display links which have the appearance of rounded buttons
(circles) instead of squares or rectangulars by using CSS?
Any references?

You could have a picture of a button, easy to make in any image
software. You place it, it could have picture of text on it or
real text (trickier positioning then)... The picture could be a
link, or the real text....

Or you could just look at these:

http://complexspiral.com/publications/rounding-tabs/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customcorners/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customcorners2/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/mountaintop/

Ed Seedhouse

Sorry, I could not explain it so well.
I did not mean the round bullets.
(I had already tested them)
Do you see the menu on the left side of the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php ?
Well, it has rectangular boxes.
Now how would I display for example them in a shape of rounded buttons,
instead?

You can do it with a mixture of graphics and CSS fairly easily.

Get a graphic that looks the way you want. Put your links in an
unordered list witht a list-style-type of "none" and use CSS to show
your image in the background of each LI element.