    JNY Guest

    That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
    sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.

    JNY, Jan 12, 2005

  2. JNY

    Richard Bos Guest

    (JNY) wrote:

    > That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
    > sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.

    _What_ response on _what_ thread? You have managed to get
    Google-Broken-Beta remove every single reference from your post. Learn
    to force Google-Broken-Beta to thread correctly (and quote correctly,
    and indent correctly, and, and, and...) or get a real newsreader. The
    way you're posting now it's nearly impossible to figure out what you're
    talking about.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Jan 13, 2005

  3. (JNY) writes:
    > That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
    > sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.

    "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
    the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
    article headers.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 13, 2005
  4. JNY

    CBFalconer Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > (JNY) writes:
    >
    >> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
    >> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.

    > If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
    > "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
    > the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
    > article headers.

    I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
    use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.

    CBFalconer, Jan 13, 2005
  5. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> (JNY) writes:
    >>
    >>> That response wasn't supposed to appear on that thread. I'm still not
    >>> sure how it did. It made alot more sense on the correct thread.

    >> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
    >> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
    >> the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
    >> article headers.

    > I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
    > use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.
    >
    > --
    > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson

    I'm not too pleased about being quoted inexactly, so ...

    Your quotation is now retroactively exact.

    It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.

    "I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose use will
    be periodic until google actually fixes their interface." -- CBFalconer

    Keith Thompson, Jan 13, 2005
  6. JNY

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Keith Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > CBFalconer <> writes:
    > > Keith Thompson wrote:

    > >> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the
    > >> "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
    > >> the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
    > >> article headers.

    > > I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
    > > use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.
    > >
    > > --
    > > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    > > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    > > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    > > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson

    > I'm not too pleased about being quoted inexactly, so ...
    >
    > If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers.

    What's different?

    (I took my car to a mechanic today. When he asked what the trouble
    was, I told him "When I applied the brakes, it groups.googled, and
    went right through the red light.")

    -Mike
    --
    I use google only for web searches, like God intended.

    Mike Wahler, Jan 13, 2005
  7. JNY

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    Keith Thompson <> writes:

    > It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.

    I agree.
    --
    It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.

    Ben Pfaff, Jan 13, 2005
  8. Ben Pfaff <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson <> writes:
    >
    >> It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below.

    > I agree.

    Me too.

    (That should be just about enough, I think.)

    "It's an honor to be quoted in someone else's sig. See below." -- Ben Pfaff

    Keith Thompson, Jan 13, 2005
  9. "Mike Wahler" <> writes:
    > "Keith Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> CBFalconer <> writes:

    >> > I have taken the liberty of modifying your comment as a sig, whose
    >> > use will be periodic until google actually fixes their interface.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    >> > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    >> > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    >> > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson

    >> I'm not too pleased about being quoted inexactly, so ...
    >>
    >> If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    >> the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    >> "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    >> "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers.

    > What's different?

    In my original statement, I wrote "don't use the "Reply" link".
    CBFalconer amended it to "don't use the broken "Reply" link".

    Keith Thompson, Jan 13, 2005
  10. JNY

    > In my original statement, I wrote "don't use the "Reply" link".
    > CBFalconer amended it to "don't use the broken "Reply" link".

    Ah. I suppose I have a broken visual parser. :)

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Jan 13, 2005