    127 regexes in my code, but I'm looking for something more efficient.
    Thanks,
    --jim

    James O'Brien, Mar 4, 2004

  2. James O'Brien

    gnari Guest

    "James O'Brien" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know of a routine/module to do this? I know I can stick
    > 127 regexes in my code, but I'm looking for something more efficient.

    search.cpan.org

    gnari

    gnari, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Yeah, I searched already.

    James O'Brien, Mar 5, 2004
  4. James O'Brien

    Ben Morrow Guest

    (James O'Brien) wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a routine/module to do this? I know I can stick
    > 127 regexes in my code, but I'm looking for something more efficient.

    Can you specify a little more clearly what you want to do? Whatever it
    is, it can almost certainly be done with the Encode module; but I can't
    help you with how as I don't understand what translation you want.
    Firstly, what is 'microsoft extended ascii'? Some 8-bit charset?
    (cp-1250, at a guess?) Secondly, how do you wish it to be translated
    into ASCII: all top-bit-set characters stripped? Do you have some
    mapping from characters > 127 to those below (in which case, there's
    certainly no need for 127 regexen: one tr/// will do fine)?

    Ben

    --
    And if you wanna make sense / Whatcha looking at me for? (Fiona Apple)
    * *

    Ben Morrow, Mar 5, 2004