Row height of GridView

Guest

How can I decrease the height of a gridview control?

I modified the values in the stylesheet as given below

..gridview tr.even td,.detailsview tr.even td{
background: #FFFFFF;
height:50px;

However, the row height is not reduced after 50PX.

Thanks.

Guest

you need to specify an overflow value that would allow the browser to honor
the heigtht. try:

.gridview tr.even td,.detailsview tr.even td{
background: #FFFFFF;
height:50px;
overflow:hidden;
}

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

No sir. It didn't help.

Thanks.
--
test

bruce barker (sqlwork.com) said:
you need to specify an overflow value that would allow the browser to honor
the heigtht. try:

.gridview tr.even td,.detailsview tr.even td{
background: #FFFFFF;
height:50px;
overflow:hidden;
}

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Rkbnair,

I think the issue can also be done through the <....Style> setting in
GridView control. If you want to specify height for all the rows in
Gridview, you can apply setting in the <RowStyle> section e.g.

==========
<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" .................>
<RowStyle Height="50px" />
===========

If the setting is a css class, you can use the "CssClass" property. e.g.

==============
<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" ...........>
<RowStyle CssClass="testrowstyle" />
<Columns>
==============

====css class ======