RowEditing without ObjectDataSource (x posted from ....adonet)

Jim Katz

I have an application that updates a strongly typed data set at run time.
I'd like to dynamically create a table that connects to a run time data
table. For displaying the data, this works well. I just set the
GridView.DataSource once, and call DataBind();

I'd like to drive the application from the GridView control, by including
command buttons that allow editing of the data. Starting out simple, I
have a DataTable with a boolean "use" field (read-write) and a number field
(read-only).

I'd like to have an Edit button allow me to toggle the boolean checkbox
(which will be bound to the "use" field

Now, this data is not connected to a DataSource, so I'd like to know what I
have to do in the GridView's RowEditing event handler to make the GridView's
selected row editable.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Zaphod,

Thanks for your posting. As for this question I've seen your another thread
in the

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Subject: GridView without DataSource

I've posted my reply there. If you feel convenient that we continue to
discuss in that thread, please feel free to followup there.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security