RowSelectorColumn and DataGrids

tshad

I just started using the RowSelectorColumn from Andy Smith
(MetaBuilders.com) and can't seem to find a way to find the other controls
in the same row of my datagrid. I really like the contro and have been able
to work for everything I need, except for this. I can't seem to use
src.parent or set src to control to allow me to traverse controls to find
the other controls.

I am trying to change the database record when the control is changed.

Is there anyway to do this? I can't seem to find a method in the docs. I did
see "owner", but it is protected.

I was looking at Scott Mitchells article on using the control, but he
doesn't talk about this issue.

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Saravana said:
Check out this article from datagrid girl on how to use this control, it
might help you.
http://www.datagridgirl.com/rowselector.aspx

I looked at that article, also. The problem is that it tells you which rows
are selected, but not which row you are on.

If you have autopostback=true and you select (or deselect) one of the
radiobuttons or checkboxes, it goes to the routine you defined in
OnSelectionChanged=x. The parameters are the same as any event. The
problem is that you can't do something like src.parent, which you can with
other controls.

Also, if you try to traverse the Datagrid and find the button you pushed, it
finds the rowSelectorColumns, but they don't seem to match the value passed
( sender in ChangeSelections( sender as Object, e as EventArgs )). Without
this, I have know way of using the other objects in the DataGridItem to
update my data record. I can do it after the fact, but not when the button
is pushed.

Tom