RowState and DataRowVersion

Marc

I am bit confused about these properties.

First, has each DataRowVersion its own RowState, or is there one RowState
per Row. I think it should be the latter but I am not sure.

Second I do not understand the text below explaining what de default value
of DataRowVersion should mean. My confusion is: If the Row is editted should
not the RowState Modified, and then the default version should be Current.
Nevertheless the text says the default version should be Proposed. This
seems paradoxal to me, or perhaps the RowState is not Modified if you change
it? That seems really strange also.

Munna

Hi,

ADO.NET manages rows in tables using row states and versions. A row
state indicates the status of a row. Row versions maintain the values
stored in a row as it is modified including current, original, and
default values. For example, after you have made a modification to a
column in a row, the row will have a row state of Modified, and two
row versions will exist: Current, which contains the current row
values, and Original, which contains the row values before the column
was modified

reference : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ww3k31w0(VS.71).aspx

BEST OF LUCK

Munna