ROXML encoding

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Pavel Strnad, Nov 16, 2009.

  1. Pavel Strnad

    Pavel Strnad Guest

    Hello,
    I am facing a problem with ROXML. National characters are not well
    generated on output. Maybe some problem with encoding. Can you help me?
    Output looks like this:
    <result>
    <status>0</status>
    <msg>Žlutý kůň</msg>
    <errors/>
    </result>

    Correct output should be:
    <result>
    <status>0</status>
    <msg>Žlutý kůňˆ</msg>
    <errors/>
    </result>

    Thanks for any help.
    P.

    --
    Ing. Pavel Strnad

    PhD. student
    Department of computer science, FEE, CTU, Prague
    Tel: (+420) 606 469 136
    ICQ: 24874752
    Pavel Strnad, Nov 16, 2009

  2. On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:37:45AM +0900, Pavel Strnad wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am facing a problem with ROXML. National characters are not well
    > generated on output. Maybe some problem with encoding. Can you help
    > me?
    > Output looks like this:
    > <result>
    > <status>0</status>
    > <msg>Žlutý kůň</msg>
    > <errors/>
    > </result>
    >
    > Correct output should be:
    > <result>
    > <status>0</status>
    > <msg>Žlutý kůňˆ</msg>
    > <errors/>
    > </result>

    Can you provide some sample code that reproduces this problem?

    --
    Aaron Patterson
    http://tenderlovemaking.com/
    Aaron Patterson, Nov 16, 2009

  3. Pavel Strnad

    Pavel Strnad Guest

    I found a solution. Please read an issue on github
    http://github.com/Empact/roxml/issues#issue/15
    Pavel

    Pavel Strnad, Nov 18, 2009