rpa update request

Peña, Botp

It would be nice if "rpa update" also reports the new ports added and newly
updated ports. If possible ie..

thanks for rpa.

kind regards -botp

Bill Guindon

It would be nice if "rpa update" also reports the new ports added and newly
updated ports. If possible ie..

thanks for rpa.

kind regards -botp

yes! and a "date last updated" column in the "rpa query" results would
be nice too :)

David Ross

Well, I talked with batsman not too long ago about
recommended features I cooked up. I havent really
spent much time on ideas lately. I told batsman that
he should detect color and output red text if a port
needs upgrading. What are your ideas? He needs input
to make rpa-base even better than it currently
operates.

btw, the next release is going to be a killer ;)

--David Ross

--- Bill Guindon said:
yes! and a "date last updated" column in the "rpa
query" results would
be nice too :)

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

vruz

I already made the same suggestions and Mauricio said he would
implement them in an upcoming release.
Nothing preventing us from contributing anyway !

Though Mauricio keeps a wishlist on his side, we can ease him from
maintaining it when he's busy.
Let's use this whilist Mauricio is under bandwidth constraints, so
that he can have all the info handy in one place:

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?WishList

--- vruz

Bill Guindon

It's already quite magical, but if I were to shoot for the stars...

ouput an html status file each time it's run with the following info:

name, version, description (same as "rpa query")
date last updated (already mentioned that)
link to project websites (when available)
flag indicating whether it's installed or not.
paypal link for donations :)

or... leave it alone, and keep packaging more toys :)

David Ross

--- vruz said:
for the stars...

Could you please add your requests here ?

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?WishList

(classified even better, for batsman to find them
easily)

Hopefully everyone has picked up by now that batsman's
name is Mauricio Fernández. =)

Hoping anyway. I know everyone doesnt IRC because it
is a complete waste of time unless you are looking for
a solution to a problem quickly. When on irc, you have
to watch out for the people who don't have much irc
experience though ;), they get upset really easy.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Mauricio Fernández

It would be nice if "rpa update" also reports the new ports added and newly
updated ports. If possible ie..

Just implemented it.

rpa update
rpa install rpa-base

to get it (rpa-base 0.2.1-7).

After that, you'll get the creation/update info for the ports I upload
from now on, as in

$ rpa update
Getting port info from http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/ports.info.
100% [========================================] 78668 bytes

Ports updated since Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:57:31 +0200:
webgen 0.1.0-1 -> 0.2.0-1

This corresponds to the new/updated ports (relative to the previous
package info) that were uploaded in the last 20 days.

BTW, I've also uploaded the following (and maybe some others I forgot)
recently:

arrayfields 3.4.0-1 Provide keyword access to arrays.
copland 0.6.0-1 Copland is an Inversion of Control (IoC) container for Ruby.
iowa 0.9.1-1 Web application framework for Ruby
rake 0.4.7-1 A simple ruby build program with capabilities similar to make
rb-gsl 1.5.2-1 Ruby interface to GSL (GNU Scientific Library).
redcloth 2.0.11-2 A module for using Textile, a very simple text format.
rpa-base 0.2.1-7 A port/package manager for the Ruby Production Archive (RPA)