    updated ports. If possible ie..

    thanks for rpa.

    kind regards -botp

    Peña, Botp, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Peña, Botp

    Bill Guindon Guest

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:54:29 +0900, "Peña, Botp" <> wrote:
    > It would be nice if "rpa update" also reports the new ports added and newly
    > updated ports. If possible ie..
    >
    > thanks for rpa.
    >
    > kind regards -botp

    yes! and a "date last updated" column in the "rpa query" results would
    be nice too :)

    --
    Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

    Bill Guindon, Sep 2, 2004

  3. Peña, Botp

    David Ross Guest

    Well, I talked with batsman not too long ago about
    recommended features I cooked up. I havent really
    spent much time on ideas lately. I told batsman that
    he should detect color and output red text if a port
    needs upgrading. What are your ideas? He needs input
    to make rpa-base even better than it currently
    operates.

    btw, the next release is going to be a killer ;)

    --David Ross

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

    David Ross, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Peña, Botp

    vruz Guest

    I already made the same suggestions and Mauricio said he would
    implement them in an upcoming release.
    Nothing preventing us from contributing anyway !

    Though Mauricio keeps a wishlist on his side, we can ease him from
    maintaining it when he's busy.
    Let's use this whilist Mauricio is under bandwidth constraints, so
    that he can have all the info handy in one place:

    http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?WishList

    --- vruz

    vruz, Sep 2, 2004
  5. Peña, Botp

    Bill Guindon Guest

    It's already quite magical, but if I were to shoot for the stars...

    ouput an html status file each time it's run with the following info:

    name, version, description (same as "rpa query")
    date last updated (already mentioned that)
    link to project websites (when available)
    flag indicating whether it's installed or not.
    paypal link for donations :)

    or... leave it alone, and keep packaging more toys :)

    --
    Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

    Bill Guindon, Sep 2, 2004
  6. Peña, Botp

    vruz Guest

    vruz, Sep 2, 2004
  7. Peña, Botp

    Bill Guindon Guest

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:18:35 +0900, vruz <> wrote:

    > Could you please add your requests here ?
    >
    > http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?WishList
    >
    > (classified even better, for batsman to find them easily)

    good idea, and done.

    --
    Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

    Bill Guindon, Sep 2, 2004
  8. Peña, Botp

    David Ross Guest

    --- vruz <> wrote:

    > > It's already quite magical, but if I were to shoot

    > for the stars...
    >
    > Could you please add your requests here ?
    >
    > http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?WishList
    >
    > (classified even better, for batsman to find them
    > easily)

    Hopefully everyone has picked up by now that batsman's
    name is Mauricio Fernández. =)

    Hoping anyway. I know everyone doesnt IRC because it
    is a complete waste of time unless you are looking for
    a solution to a problem quickly. When on irc, you have
    to watch out for the people who don't have much irc
    experience though ;), they get upset really easy.

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    David Ross, Sep 2, 2004
  9. On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:54:29AM +0900, "Peña, Botp" wrote:
    > It would be nice if "rpa update" also reports the new ports added and newly
    > updated ports. If possible ie..

    Just implemented it.

    rpa update
    rpa install rpa-base

    to get it (rpa-base 0.2.1-7).

    After that, you'll get the creation/update info for the ports I upload
    from now on, as in

    $ rpa update
    Getting port info from http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/ports.info.
    100% [========================================] 78668 bytes

    Ports updated since Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:57:31 +0200:
    webgen 0.1.0-1 -> 0.2.0-1

    This corresponds to the new/updated ports (relative to the previous
    package info) that were uploaded in the last 20 days.

    BTW, I've also uploaded the following (and maybe some others I forgot)
    recently:

    arrayfields 3.4.0-1 Provide keyword access to arrays.
    copland 0.6.0-1 Copland is an Inversion of Control (IoC) container for Ruby.
    iowa 0.9.1-1 Web application framework for Ruby
    rake 0.4.7-1 A simple ruby build program with capabilities similar to make
    rb-gsl 1.5.2-1 Ruby interface to GSL (GNU Scientific Library).
    redcloth 2.0.11-2 A module for using Textile, a very simple text format.
    rpa-base 0.2.1-7 A port/package manager for the Ruby Production Archive (RPA)

    --
    Spending too much time for the
    Ruby Production Archive (RPA) http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org

    Mauricio Fernández, Sep 5, 2004