    platform - linux and possibly windows...

    vlad

    ps: googled but did not find out :-(

    Vladimir Konrad, Sep 2, 2005

  2. Vladimir Konrad

    James Britt Guest

    James Britt, Sep 2, 2005

  3. Vladimir Konrad, Sep 2, 2005
  4. Vladimir Konrad

    James Britt Guest

    Vladimir Konrad wrote:
    >>Have you looked at Drb?
    >>
    >>http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/drb/rdoc/
    >>

    > the rpc is to a different (not ruby) piece of software/server (disk quota
    > system).

    DCOM? CORBA?

    You could perhaps wrap drb around a local call into the software.

    James

    James Britt, Sep 2, 2005
  5. Vladimir Konrad

    nobody Guest

    > You could perhaps wrap drb around a local call into the software.

    a good idea ;-) will investigate further...

    vlad

    nobody, Sep 2, 2005
  6. On 9/2/05, Vladimir Konrad <> wrote:
    > > Have you looked at Drb?
    > > http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/drb/rdoc/

    > the rpc is to a different (not ruby) piece of software/server (disk quota
    > system).

    If the disk quota system implements Sun's RPC, you're not going to be
    able to do this without diving into either DL (unlikely, because I
    don't think that's loadable) or writing a wrapper to the specific RPC
    calls in C.

    This is mostly because Sun's RPC is crap.

    -austin
    --=20
    Austin Ziegler *
    * Alternate: