RSA Decryption in VC++

Discussion in 'C++' started by novice, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. novice

    novice Guest

    Is there any method to decrypt a RSA-encrypted string given the private key
    only in Visual C++?

    I have tried the following avenues for a long time:

    - Microsoft Platform SDK CryptoAPI

    - Crypto++

    - openSSL

    But the outcome is very frustrating: I just cannot figure out a direct way
    to successfully decrypt the cipher text with the private key! Those
    'cryptographic service providers', 'block/stream cipher modes' just get me
    away from the existing correct solution. (I know there is such a solution in
    Microsoft .NET development environment. Unfortunately, it is out of my
    choice due to other constraints.)

    Frankly speaking, I am a newbie on cryptographic algorithms. What I want is
    just a few lines of code or procedure calls in VC that can quickly help me
    decrypt a RSA-encrypted string using the given private key.

    Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    novice, Aug 16, 2003