RSA key container could not be opened

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by rpaleja@gmail.com, Mar 8, 2006.

    I have created a RSA key and imported to destination computer. When try
    to run web site, I am getting error..

    Parser Error Message: Failed to decrypt using provider
    'RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider:
    The RSA key container could not be opened.

    Source Error:

    Line 17: <appSettings
    configProtectionProvider="RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider">Line 18:
    <EncryptedData Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">Line 19: <EncryptionMethod
    Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#tripledes-cbc" />Line 20:
    <KeyInfo xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">

    Any idea what's wrong. I have granted access to (aspnet_regiis -pa) "NT
    Authority\Network Service" and "ASPNET".

    No luck. Works fine on computer it's been created.

    Your help is greatly appricated.

    Thanks,

    - Reena
    , Mar 8, 2006

    Not sure what I did wrong but I just created new key and everything
    works fine now.

    Thanks,

    - Reena
    , Mar 8, 2006