RSA Signed Applet still gives SocketExcpetion due to permissions

Discussion in 'Java' started by SPG, May 27, 2004.

  1. SPG

    SPG Guest

    Hi,

    We have an applet that is signed using an RSA key.
    It used to work fine apparently but I cannot get it to work.

    When the socket attempts to connect, we get the following exception:

    Error: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:0 connect,resolve)

    Now, We also have an MS JVM version of this applet, also signed and this
    works fine. I am using the standard Java Plugin from the SUN site for the
    *real* java version of the applet, but to my dismay this is the version that
    does not work!!

    We get the "Accept Certificate" banner when the applet loads, and we accept
    the cert, and bang.. Exception heaven.

    Now, we are using APPLET tags in our HTML. I am not sure if we need to use
    the cruddy OBJECT wrapper for MS IE?? Other than that I am stumped.

    Help me please!

    Steve
    SPG, May 27, 2004

  2. On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:49:14 GMT, SPG wrote:

    > Now, we are using APPLET tags in our HTML. I am not sure if we need to use
    > the cruddy OBJECT wrapper for MS IE?? Other than that I am stumped.

    I have no answer for you, but will
    point out that the WassUp applet is
    signed, and delivered using applet tags..
    <http://mindprod.com/wassup.html>

    How do you go with that?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, May 27, 2004

  3. SPG

    SPG Guest

    Hmm.. See now that works.
    I am at home now, so will try it at work in the morning.
    I am sure there is a simple solution, like I did sommat wrong, but what? Who
    knows.

    Cheers anyway!

    SPG, May 27, 2004
  4. SPG

    Roedy Green Guest

    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Error: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:0 connect,resolve)

    I don't think you have a permission problem; you have a screwy socket
    problem. Nobody's home at localhost:0.

    What is does the statement say that is triggering the exception?

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, May 28, 2004