RSH Hangs and does not exit in Win 2000

jordan.mccheyne

I am running an RSH command through a Visual Studio 2005 app written
in c++. I am using a ShellExecuteEx to run the command. If the user
has Windows 2000, the RSH command completes correctly but the black
DOS window that comes up as the RSH is executing never goes away. It
just hangs there like the command never completes. In Windows XP, I
do not have this problem, the RSH window goes away after the RSH
completes. Does anyone know why this would be happening? If I can
provide any more information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jordan

Puppet_Sock

On Jun 15, 10:39 am, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
[Visual C/C++ problem, possibly Windows ver related, snipped]
completes. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Possibly in one of the Windows or Microsoft news groups.

Check on groups.google.com to try to find the group that
talks about your platform. You might try the microsoft.public.*
set of news groups.

Here we talk only about the C++ languge. Specific platforms
and extensions are off topic.
Socks