    Ajay Sonawane
    (Webtech Developers Pvt.Ltd.)
    , May 31, 2005

  2. Joe Fawcett Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello there
    > You need to create namespace in order to add your own element, But how
    > can I create namespace file? Does it need to post that namespace to
    > some authorized person of RSS?
    > For Example. I wish to add my own element in RSS feed, so I will go for
    > namespace, But How to create namespace file? What is the structure of
    > namespace files that I need to follow?
    > What is meant by defining those elements in namespace? What I
    > need to do to define those elements in namespace? Where can I get
    > detailed information on how to write your own namespace?
    > When I try to use some exising namespace, I saw a HTML file
    > where I got useful information of those defined elements, but was
    > unable to see the actual namespace file.
    > Does anyone know what to do exactly ?
    >

    > Regards,
    > Ajay Sonawane
    > (Webtech Developers Pvt.Ltd.)

    There is no such thing as a namespace file. A namespace is a unique identifier,
    it may look like a URL but it's really just a string of characters. There is no
    need for it to actually point to anything.
    Once a namespace is declared,
    xmlns:myNs=http://www.rightway.co.uk/namespaces/general/myApp then any elements
    with the prefix myNs, eg.g myNs:table will be in that namespace and therefore
    NOT equivalent to a table element of one with a prefix representing a different
    namespace.

    --

    Joe (MVP - XML)

    https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8AA9D5F5-E1C2-44C7-BCE8-8741D22D17A5