RSS FEED Parsing problem.

Discussion in 'Java' started by vj, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. vj

    vj Guest

    Hi all,

    I would like to know something if someone has really worked on RSS Feed
    etc.

    I have to design a form where i will pass required things so that we
    can generate RSS form.

    It has to go throug a process where it should go through xml paring
    validation stuff before generating RSS thing.

    Now do i need to create many classes more than 20 or so.

    or i just have to create 4-5 classes where i can check parsing stuff.

    i have to read RSS Feed,RSS Feed Parser, RSSitem,RssReader,Settings
    etc.

    Please if someone have any exact picture in his mind give me some
    proper information on this.

    I have seen some site where for this around 100 classes have been
    written even for more things.

    If someone can provide me some flow on this.

    or just the main idea/concept i can go with it.

    I would be thankfull to him/her.

    Vijendra

    vj, Sep 15, 2006

  2. vj

    Guest

    vj wrote:
    > Now do i need to create many classes more than 20 or so.
    > or i just have to create 4-5 classes where i can check parsing stuff.
    > i have to read RSS Feed,RSS Feed Parser, RSSitem,RssReader,Settings
    > etc.
    >
    > Please if someone have any exact picture in his mind give me some
    > proper information on this.

    Hi vj,

    I am not 100% sure if this is the picture you have in mind, but I would
    start by having a look at the rome project
    (https://rome.dev.java.net/). They have some examples and a wiki to
    look at. Gook luck!

    Cheers,

    Dan Andrews

    Ansir Development Limited www.ansir.ca

    , Sep 15, 2006

  3. vj

    vj Guest

    thanks for this suggestion in rome project what they have done is
    complicated one even for staorage they used database not any file
    system.
    my requirement is a bit of it
    i need very simple rss application where i can insert channel/item
    information in jsp.pass it through servlete where items are many(my
    main problamatic area)
    after that this all information has to be send to filehandler where it
    will take one channel with many items information and create a
    parent/child like xml file structure based on input this will be my RSS
    2.0 file which i have to read edit delete contents items at times
    etc.

    for now this is the p icture.

    vj, Sep 21, 2006