RSS Guid Field

James Edward Gray II

Can anyone give me a hint on the syntax for adding a guid field while
using RSS::Maker? I've found a way to add it with a regular
expression, but I cannot seem to figure out the interface to do it
properly.

James Edward Gray II

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

In <[email protected]>
"RSS Guid Field" on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:07:04 +0900,
James Edward Gray II said:
Can anyone give me a hint on the syntax for adding a guid field while
using RSS::Maker? I've found a way to add it with a regular
expression, but I cannot seem to figure out the interface to do it
properly.

What are you saying about /rss/channel/item/guid? If so, the
followings might help you:

http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+Parser::Reference.en
http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+Parser::Reference.en#item.2eguid
http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+Parser::Reference.en#item.2eguid_2

Thanks,

James Edward Gray II

Hi,

In <[email protected]>
"RSS Guid Field" on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:07:04 +0900,

What are you saying about /rss/channel/item/guid? If so, the
followings might help you:

http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+Parser:%
3AReference.en
http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+Parser:%
3AReference.en#item.2eguid
http://www.cozmixng.org/~rwiki/?cmd=view;name=RSS+Parser:%
3AReference.en#item.2eguid_2

Setting the guid only works in RSS 2.0? Does that mean it's not
valid in RSS 1.0?

James Edward Gray II

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

2006/8/1 said:
Setting the guid only works in RSS 2.0? Does that mean it's not
valid in RSS 1.0?

Yes.
The reason why I can't find any specification of RSS 1.0 with guid.

Thanks,

James Edward Gray II

Hi,

Yes.
The reason why I can't find any specification of RSS 1.0 with guid.

You helped me fix my script. Thank you very much.

James Edward Gray II