    if you look at http://www.rent-index.com/rss.php with FF, there are no
    errors and it opens fine, but with IE i get line: 0 char: 0 error: an
    invalid character was found in text content. Code: 0

    Kentor, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Kentor

    Kentor Guest

    Kentor wrote:
    > if you look at http://www.rent-index.com/rss.php with FF, there are no
    > errors and it opens fine, but with IE i get line: 0 char: 0 error: an
    > invalid character was found in text content. Code: 0

    but if you save the file in FF and open it from your computer with IE,
    it works fine...

    Kentor, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Kentor wrote:

    > if you look at http://www.rent-index.com/rss.php with FF, there are no
    > errors and it opens fine, but with IE i get line: 0 char: 0 error: an
    > invalid character was found in text content. Code: 0

    Unfortunately Mozilla's XML parser is known not to find encoding
    problems. If I use an XML parser (from .NET) to parse that file then it
    finds an encoding error at
    "Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 233, position 1."

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Kentor

    Kentor Guest

    Martin Honnen wrote:
    > Kentor wrote:
    >
    > > if you look at http://www.rent-index.com/rss.php with FF, there are no
    > > errors and it opens fine, but with IE i get line: 0 char: 0 error: an
    > > invalid character was found in text content. Code: 0

    > Unfortunately Mozilla's XML parser is known not to find encoding
    > problems. If I use an XML parser (from .NET) to parse that file then it
    > finds an encoding error at
    > "Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 233, position 1."
    >
    > --
    >
    > Martin Honnen
    > http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    How can i make all my data in the db to be xml compatible... cuz that
    character is · but when i try to replace it with something i get a
    weird sign if i copy it into a text editor and it doesnt want to
    replace it

    Kentor, Jun 22, 2006
  5. Kentor wrote:

    > How can i make all my data in the db to be xml compatible... cuz that
    > character is · but when i try to replace it with something i get a
    > weird sign if i copy it into a text editor and it doesnt want to
    > replace it

    Decide what encoding you want to use for the XML document (e.g. UTF-8),
    then make sure you output characters in that encoding, with PHP you can
    use mbstring or iconv extensions I think. And put the encoding in the
    XML declaration.
    Of course if you have data in a db then you need to be aware of encoding
    issues with the db. That depends on the DB, with MySQL 4.1 and later you
    have UTF-8 support I think.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jun 22, 2006
  6. Kentor

    Kentor Guest

    im using phpMyAdmin - 2.8.0.3

    MySQL client version: 5.0.16

    Can you walk me through what i should to do fix all this :)

    Kentor, Jun 22, 2006