RSS Problem with My.Yahoo

Discussion in 'XML' started by Dave Lee, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. Dave Lee

    Dave Lee Guest

    My apologies for probably being in the wrong group, but there does seem to
    be some discussion possibly related to my problem. I have a typical,
    personalized "my.yahoo" page and recently most all of the newsfeeds are no
    longer updated. It happens on IE and Firefox, doesn't matter if I am looking
    at my personalized page or if I log out and go to the generic my.yahoo page,
    and seems to only be a My.Yahoo problem.

    I am assuming that somehow the RSS processing being done in my system is
    somehow screwed up. Any ideas about how to proceed here? Rebuilding the page
    doesn't seem to help, although in most cases adding a RSS link that I've
    never used before does seem to work.

    Are there possibly badly corrupted entries in a cookies file that might need
    to be cleaned up? Should I maybe just go on an Easter Egg hunt through my
    cookies and dump any that appear to be related to this? Better ideas?

    Thanks.

    dave

    ps. I have a 'birds eye view' level understanding of what RSS is and what
    XML is, but no practical experience in doing anything with either.

    Dave Lee, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Dave Lee wrote:

    > My apologies for probably being in the wrong group, but there does seem to
    > be some discussion possibly related to my problem. I have a typical,
    > personalized "my.yahoo" page and recently most all of the newsfeeds are no
    > longer updated. It happens on IE and Firefox, doesn't matter if I am looking
    > at my personalized page or if I log out and go to the generic my.yahoo page,
    > and seems to only be a My.Yahoo problem.

    Then ask support at My.Yahoo or ask in a web forum/group dedicated to
    My.Yahoo users.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Mar 5, 2006

  3. Dave Lee

    Dave Lee Guest

    "Martin Honnen" <> wrote in message

    > Dave Lee wrote:
    >
    > > My apologies for probably being in the wrong group, but there does seem

    > > be some discussion possibly related to my problem. I have a typical,
    > > personalized "my.yahoo" page and recently most all of the newsfeeds are

    no
    > > longer updated. It happens on IE and Firefox, doesn't matter if I am

    looking
    > > at my personalized page or if I log out and go to the generic my.yahoo

    page,
    > > and seems to only be a My.Yahoo problem.

    > Then ask support at My.Yahoo or ask in a web forum/group dedicated to
    > My.Yahoo users.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Martin Honnen
    > http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    If Yahoo has a genuine user suppport path to a human, I haven't found it. My
    instincts tell me that this isn't a problem on their end, based on the
    information that I've got. The My.Yahoo specific efforts thus far haven't
    yielded anything that was useful in this case.

    dave

    Dave Lee, Mar 5, 2006