    2. how do I show this on my website?

    Thanks in advance

    Danny
    Danny, Nov 27, 2004

  2. Danny wrote:
    > IF a site like yahoo for example has an RSS feeds available, you can usually
    > click on it and see the xml code.
    >
    > 1. what do you do with that code?

    Not trying to be funny but that depends on what you mean. If you mean
    "their" code...first check if they allow you to use it on "your" site.

    > 2. how do I show this on my website?

    If you have a standard well formed XML document (.xml extension) you can
    view it in IE / Firefox just as you would a HTML page...but...if there
    is no CSS stylesheet attached to it all you will get is a "tree" view of
    the raw XML data.

    P@

    Iain Robinson, Nov 27, 2004

  3. Danny wrote:

    > IF a site like yahoo for example has an RSS feeds available, you can usually
    > click on it and see the xml code.
    >
    > 1. what do you do with that code?
    > 2. how do I show this on my website?

    As long as it is allowed to consume the RSS feed to show it you can of
    course use DOM or XSLT programming to extract the information you are
    interested in and transform it to HTML. There are XSLT stylesheets
    around for instance to transform such a feed to HTML. What you do on
    your web site depends mainly on what server side techniques you have
    available to consume XML.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/