    ja-a

    ---
    Sprawdzone przy pomocy programu AVG

    ja-a, Apr 9, 2004

  2. ja-a

    Saqib Ali Guest

    RSS is abreviation for "RDF Site Summary".

    RSS: RDF Site Summary

    In Peace,
    Saqib Ali
    http://validate.sf.net >< /\/\ |_ Rocks

    Saqib Ali, Apr 10, 2004

  3. ja-a

    Peter Flynn Guest

    ja-a wrote:
    > hallo,
    > what is the most imporant difference between RSS and RDF formats?

    Politics. They're both kludges which are equally broken.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Apr 11, 2004
  4. ja-a wrote:
    > hallo,
    > what is the most imporant difference between RSS and RDF formats?

    RDF is a data model. RSS is a (n XML) format that may use RDF (e.g. RSS
    1.0) or may not (e.g. RSS 0.91, 2.0).
    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)

    Johannes Koch, Apr 13, 2004
  5. ja-a

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:27:50 +0100, Peter Flynn <>
    wrote:

    >> what is the most imporant difference between RSS and RDF formats?

    >Politics. They're both kludges which are equally broken.

    Why ? What's broken ?

    --
    Smert' spamionam

    Andy Dingley, Apr 13, 2004
  6. ja-a

    Ashmodai Guest

    Andy Dingley scribbled something along the lines of:

    > On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:27:50 +0100, Peter Flynn <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>>what is the most imporant difference between RSS and RDF formats?

    >>Politics. They're both kludges which are equally broken.

    > Why ? What's broken ?

    Not broken per se, just far from perfect.

    --
    Alan Plum, WAD/WD, Mushroom Cloud Productions
    http://www.mushroom-cloud.com/

    Ashmodai, Apr 14, 2004
  7. ja-a

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:08:33 +0200, Ashmodai
    <> wrote:

    >Not broken per se, just far from perfect.

    So in what way ? Are we talking about RSS or RDF here ?

    I see RSS as a damn good protocol (RSS 1.0 anyway), hidden behind some
    dire politics and some unusably bad specs for 0.92 & 2.0.

    RDF has made some choices over its theoretical directions which aren't
    the way some people would have liked to see them, but it's basically a
    good implementation within those choices. As to the spec and
    documentation, a previously poor situation improved dramatically in
    February, following some sterling work by the WG.

    --
    Smert' spamionam

    Andy Dingley, Apr 15, 2004
  8. ja-a

    Ashmodai Guest

    Andy Dingley scribbled something along the lines of:

    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:08:33 +0200, Ashmodai
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Not broken per se, just far from perfect.

    > So in what way ? Are we talking about RSS or RDF here ?
    >

    > I see RSS as a damn good protocol (RSS 1.0 anyway), hidden behind some
    > dire politics and some unusably bad specs for 0.92 & 2.0.
    >
    > RDF has made some choices over its theoretical directions which aren't
    > the way some people would have liked to see them, but it's basically a
    > good implementation within those choices. As to the spec and
    > documentation, a previously poor situation improved dramatically in
    > February, following some sterling work by the WG.

    I can only say about RDF. RDF sure could be improved a little.
    I was actually not trying to second Flynn's opinion, I was rather
    attempting to explain what is a common opinion and what he was most
    likely talking about.

    Ashmodai, Apr 15, 2004
  9. ja-a

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:10:55 +0200, Ashmodai
    <> wrote:

    >RDF sure could be improved a little.

    How ?

    What's wrong with it ? (And which age of RDF are we talking about, for
    there has been evolution over time)

    How would you improve it ?

    What scope is there for a minor incremental change to RDF, rather than
    throwing it all away and starting again ? I can see valid arguments
    that "it just shouldn't be like that", but not any way to "improve it
    a little".

    Andy Dingley, Apr 15, 2004