    I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode,
    it can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?

    Thanks.... by nienfeng
    nienfeng, Dec 21, 2006

  2. nienfeng

    sam1 Guest

    nienfeng wrote:
    > Hi, everyone
    >
    > I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows, and
    > configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for python.
    > I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode, it
    > can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?
    >
    > Thanks.... by nienfeng

    This one for Windows and Linux is all in Python and its configuration is also Python scripting :

    http://www.xellsoft.com/SynchronEX.html#features

    GUI wizards can create starting script templates for more complex tasks.
    You'd not need to run an extra server as it directly uses SFTP, DAV (HTTP(S)), FTP(S), Local-Filesystem/NFS, Windows-Network .. standards for WAN/LAN transfer.

    Sam
    sam1, Dec 21, 2006

  3. > I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows, and
    > configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for python.
    > I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode,
    > it can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?

    Hi nienfeng

    As file synchronizers go, I have had very good experience with Unison:

    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

    which supports unix and windows, but does not run as a server and is
    not directly python-enabled. You can set it up to run automatically
    using cron (linux) or Scheduled Tasks (windows), if that was the
    functionality you wanted in a server implementation of such a tool.

    regards
    Caleb
    Caleb Hattingh, Dec 22, 2006