rsync for python?

nienfeng

Hi, everyone

I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows, and
configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for python.
I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode,
it can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?

Thanks.... by nienfeng

sam1

nienfeng said:
Hi, everyone

I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows, and
configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for python.
I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode, it
can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?

Thanks.... by nienfeng

This one for Windows and Linux is all in Python and its configuration is also Python scripting :

http://www.xellsoft.com/SynchronEX.html#features

GUI wizards can create starting script templates for more complex tasks.
You'd not need to run an extra server as it directly uses SFTP, DAV (HTTP(S)), FTP(S), Local-Filesystem/NFS, Windows-Network .. standards for WAN/LAN transfer.

Sam

Caleb Hattingh

I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows, and
configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for python.
I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a client mode,
it can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?

Hi nienfeng

As file synchronizers go, I have had very good experience with Unison:

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

which supports unix and windows, but does not run as a server and is
not directly python-enabled. You can set it up to run automatically
using cron (linux) or Scheduled Tasks (windows), if that was the
functionality you wanted in a server implementation of such a tool.

regards
Caleb