    Is there any good rsync library?
    I'd prefer a pure java library.

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    John Smith, Apr 18, 2011

  2. John Smith

    Paul Cager Guest

    On Apr 18, 1:11 pm, John Smith <> wrote:
    > Is there any good rsync library?
    > I'd prefer a pure java library.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    I also needed a Java implementation, about 6 months ago. I found quite
    a few projects that have _started_ to implement an rsync library, but
    none of them had got sufficiently far to be useful. I ended up using
    Runtime.exec to drive the rsync program instead (using Cygwin for
    Windows).
    Paul Cager, Apr 18, 2011

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    On 18.4.2011. 14:42, Paul Cager wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 1:11 pm, John Smith<> wrote:
    >> Is there any good rsync library?
    >> I'd prefer a pure java library.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help.

    > I also needed a Java implementation, about 6 months ago. I found quite
    > a few projects that have _started_ to implement an rsync library, but
    > none of them had got sufficiently far to be useful. I ended up using
    > Runtime.exec to drive the rsync program instead (using Cygwin for
    > Windows).

    I also found a couple like jarsync, but it is in a beta version so I'm
    not gonna use it in a production environment.
    John Smith, Apr 18, 2011