rsync on rubyforge?

Joel VanderWerf

Has anyone been able to rsync to their project dir on rubyforge? I get
the following error message:

protocol version mismatch -- is your shell clean?
(see the rsync man page for an explanation)
rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(64)

There was some discussion last year about whether rubyforge would
support rsync or not, so maybe support is just not there. If it is
supported, then I've got something configured wrong (doubtful: I use
rsync to several other servers).

Tom Copeland

Has anyone been able to rsync to their project dir on rubyforge? I get
the following error message:

protocol version mismatch -- is your shell clean?
(see the rsync man page for an explanation)
rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(64)

There was some discussion last year about whether rubyforge would
support rsync or not, so maybe support is just not there. If it is
supported, then I've got something configured wrong (doubtful: I use
rsync to several other servers).

Hi Joel -

Yup, right now we don't allow rsync to RubyForge. Gavin Sinclair asked
for this in the distant past:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=179&group_id=5&atid=104

So much to do, so little time... but anyhow, we do allow SFTP, so that
might be workable for you.

Yours,

Tom

ara.t.howard

Tom Copeland

what i really really want is a way to do

scp -r here/ rubyforge:there/

and, if there are gems in here/ they will be noticed. is this possible?

Hi Ara -

Hm... and you're wanting those gems to be included in the gem index, is
that right?

Yours,

tom

ara.t.howard

Heh, yeah, kind of tricky. Hm. Have to noodle on that one a bit...

Yours,

Tom

don't worry too much. it's easy to do from the client side using my rubyforge
script.

btw. one of the things that's really hard about that script is that i cannot
easily get info about the account - the ids of things like release, files,
etc. is there any infomational page i could hit or a web service to get that
info? i'd love it if there were a yaml page one could grab that exported the
metadata about one's account... so

data = YAML::load(curl_down_account_page)

data['releases'].each do |release, release_id|
end

make sense?

regards.

-a

Tom Copeland

don't worry too much. it's easy to do from the client side using my rubyforge
script.

Cool, OK, sounds good.
btw. one of the things that's really hard about that script is that i cannot
easily get info about the account - the ids of things like release, files,
etc. is there any infomational page i could hit or a web service to get that
info? i'd love it if there were a yaml page one could grab that exported the
metadata about one's account... so

data = YAML::load(curl_down_account_page)

data['releases'].each do |release, release_id|
end

make sense?

Hm, yup. There is a SOAP service, although I can't say I've used it:

http://rubyforge.org/soap/

Maybe that can yield up some good results?

Yours,

Tom