    support rsync or not, so maybe support is just not there. If it is
    supported, then I've got something configured wrong (doubtful: I use
    rsync to several other servers).

    Joel VanderWerf, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Joel VanderWerf

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 08:58 +0900, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    > Has anyone been able to rsync to their project dir on rubyforge? I get
    > the following error message:
    >
    > protocol version mismatch -- is your shell clean?
    > (see the rsync man page for an explanation)
    > rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(64)
    >
    > There was some discussion last year about whether rubyforge would
    > support rsync or not, so maybe support is just not there. If it is
    > supported, then I've got something configured wrong (doubtful: I use
    > rsync to several other servers).

    Hi Joel -

    Yup, right now we don't allow rsync to RubyForge. Gavin Sinclair asked
    for this in the distant past:

    http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=179&group_id=5&atid=104

    So much to do, so little time... but anyhow, we do allow SFTP, so that
    might be workable for you.

    Yours,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Joel VanderWerf

    Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Tom Copeland wrote:

    > On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 08:58 +0900, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    >> Has anyone been able to rsync to their project dir on rubyforge? I get
    >> the following error message:
    >>
    >> protocol version mismatch -- is your shell clean?
    >> (see the rsync man page for an explanation)
    >> rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(64)
    >>
    >> There was some discussion last year about whether rubyforge would
    >> support rsync or not, so maybe support is just not there. If it is
    >> supported, then I've got something configured wrong (doubtful: I use
    >> rsync to several other servers).

    > Hi Joel -
    >
    > Yup, right now we don't allow rsync to RubyForge. Gavin Sinclair asked
    > for this in the distant past:
    >
    > http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=179&group_id=5&atid=104
    >
    > So much to do, so little time... but anyhow, we do allow SFTP, so that
    > might be workable for you.
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > Tom

    what i really really want is a way to do

    scp -r here/ rubyforge:there/

    and, if there are gems in here/ they will be noticed. is this possible?

    regards.

    -a
    --
    share your knowledge. it's a way to achieve immortality.
    - h.h. the 14th dali lama

    , Mar 28, 2006
  4. Joel VanderWerf

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:17 +0900, wrote:
    > what i really really want is a way to do
    >
    > scp -r here/ rubyforge:there/
    >
    > and, if there are gems in here/ they will be noticed. is this possible?

    Hi Ara -

    Hm... and you're wanting those gems to be included in the gem index, is
    that right?

    Yours,

    tom

    Tom Copeland, Mar 29, 2006
  5. Joel VanderWerf

    Guest

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Tom Copeland wrote:

    > On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:17 +0900, wrote:
    >> what i really really want is a way to do
    >>
    >> scp -r here/ rubyforge:there/
    >>
    >> and, if there are gems in here/ they will be noticed. is this possible?

    > Hi Ara -
    >
    > Hm... and you're wanting those gems to be included in the gem index, is
    > that right?
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > tom

    yup. tall order i know ;-)

    -a
    --
    share your knowledge. it's a way to achieve immortality.
    - h.h. the 14th dali lama

    , Mar 29, 2006
  6. Joel VanderWerf

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 00:06 +0900, wrote:
    > > Hm... and you're wanting those gems to be included in the gem index, is
    > > that right?
    > >
    > > Yours,
    > >
    > > tom

    > yup. tall order i know ;-)

    Heh, yeah, kind of tricky. Hm. Have to noodle on that one a bit...

    Yours,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Mar 29, 2006
  7. Joel VanderWerf

    Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Tom Copeland wrote:

    > On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 00:06 +0900, wrote:
    >>> Hm... and you're wanting those gems to be included in the gem index, is
    >>> that right?
    >>>
    >>> Yours,
    >>>
    >>> tom

    >> yup. tall order i know ;-)

    > Heh, yeah, kind of tricky. Hm. Have to noodle on that one a bit...
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > Tom

    don't worry too much. it's easy to do from the client side using my rubyforge
    script.

    btw. one of the things that's really hard about that script is that i cannot
    easily get info about the account - the ids of things like release, files,
    etc. is there any infomational page i could hit or a web service to get that
    info? i'd love it if there were a yaml page one could grab that exported the
    metadata about one's account... so

    data = YAML::load(curl_down_account_page)

    data['releases'].each do |release, release_id|
    end

    make sense?

    regards.

    -a
    --
    share your knowledge. it's a way to achieve immortality.
    - h.h. the 14th dali lama

    , Mar 29, 2006
  8. Joel VanderWerf

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 00:47 +0900, wrote:
    > don't worry too much. it's easy to do from the client side using my rubyforge
    > script.

    Cool, OK, sounds good.

    > btw. one of the things that's really hard about that script is that i cannot
    > easily get info about the account - the ids of things like release, files,
    > etc. is there any infomational page i could hit or a web service to get that
    > info? i'd love it if there were a yaml page one could grab that exported the
    > metadata about one's account... so
    >
    > data = YAML::load(curl_down_account_page)
    >
    > data['releases'].each do |release, release_id|
    > end
    >
    > make sense?

    Hm, yup. There is a SOAP service, although I can't say I've used it:

    http://rubyforge.org/soap/

    Maybe that can yield up some good results?

    Yours,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Mar 31, 2006