RTF in JEditorPane - failure with simple document?

Andrew Thompson

Can anybody get a stacktrace for the document 'help.rtf'
mentioned here?
<http://www.physci.org/test/doc/rtf.html>

The page links to launch files for 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6, as
well as the code used and the problem document.

(Note: X-posted to c.l.j.programmer/gui, with follow-ups
set to c.l.j.programmer only.)

Andrew T.

Mark Space

Andrew said:
Can anybody get a stacktrace for the document 'help.rtf'
mentioned here?
<http://www.physci.org/test/doc/rtf.html>

The page links to launch files for 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6, as
well as the code used and the problem document.

(Note: X-posted to c.l.j.programmer/gui, with follow-ups
set to c.l.j.programmer only.)

Andrew T.

It loaded correctly for me. I'll try a couple of different ways of
produces an error.

Mark Space

Mark said:
It loaded correctly for me. I'll try a couple of different ways of
produces an error.

This works fine with setPage( URL ); too. *shrug*

Andrew Thompson

Can anybody get a stacktrace for the document 'help.rtf'
mentioned here?
<http://www.physci.org/test/doc/rtf.html>

The page links to launch files for 1.4, ...
From the OP, back on the Sun forums..
"After I update my java vm to 1.6 . The original
version is 1.4.2. Everything works fine now. ..."

To clarify, the parsing of HTML and RTF documents was
vastly improved between Java's 1.4 and 1.6.
I still think there is some slight problem with that
document, but 'every RTF reader under the sun' now
seems to handle it gracefully.

Thanks to Mark and Roedy for your test results.

Andrew T.