rtl_attributes

Tim Hubberstey

Mohammed said:
Where is ieee.rtl_attributes package available.

I'd never heard of this package before but a google search suggests it's
part of the upcoming VHDL-200x standard update. In other words, it
probably doesn't "officially" exist yet.

Egbert Molenkamp

It is part of the 1076.6-2004 IEEE Standard for VHDL Register Transfer Level
(RTL) Synthesis.
See www.ieee.org.
I guess that synthesis tools do not yet include/support this package.

Egbert Molenkamp

Mohammed A khader

Hi Tim,

I came across this when I was going through IEEE 1076.6 standard.
Check Annex B in this stardard document. This this has been extensively
used and discussed in this IEEE standard so it must be well know to
synthesis tools.