rtl_attributes

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Mohammed A khader, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Hi ,

    Where is ieee.rtl_attributes package available.

    Mohammed A khader, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Mohammed A khader wrote:

    > Where is ieee.rtl_attributes package available.

    I'd never heard of this package before but a google search suggests it's
    part of the upcoming VHDL-200x standard update. In other words, it
    probably doesn't "officially" exist yet.

    Tim Hubberstey, Mar 16, 2005

  3. It is part of the 1076.6-2004 IEEE Standard for VHDL Register Transfer Level
    (RTL) Synthesis.
    See www.ieee.org.
    I guess that synthesis tools do not yet include/support this package.

    Egbert Molenkamp

    Egbert Molenkamp, Mar 16, 2005
  4. Hi Tim,

    I came across this when I was going through IEEE 1076.6 standard.
    Check Annex B in this stardard document. This this has been extensively
    used and discussed in this IEEE standard so it must be well know to
    synthesis tools.

    Mohammed A khader, Mar 16, 2005