RTTI and exceptions in Embedded Visual C++ (4.0)

Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I am implementing an application for Windows CE. To do this, I am using Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 with SP4. Whenever I am using try/catch-blocks and dynamic casts in my application, I got the following linker error:
file.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)

As I found out by using google this is caused by unsupported exception handling and unsupported RTTI. Additionally, I found out that these two issues are supported since Windows CE.net 4.2. I am building my application using standardskd_420 and several other SDK´s and I think it should work, but it still does not.

Do you have any idea why it still does not link?? Could it be that exception handling has to be added explicitly to the SDK when creating the image?

I really hope someone could help me. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
EiZi