Rubinius on Mac PPC

Ari Brown

Hey all,

I'm trying to build Rubinius on my Mac PPC. Configure works fine, but
when I got to do 'make', i get this error:

/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[4]: *** [libonig.la] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [external_libs/onig/.libs/libonig.a] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Before I break down and cry, has anyone else installed Rubinius on
Mac PPC? What tricks did you use?

Thanks,
~ Ari
English is like a pseudo-random number generator - there are a
bajillion rules to it, but nobody cares.

Wilson Bilkovich

Hey all,

I'm trying to build Rubinius on my Mac PPC. Configure works fine, but
when I got to do 'make', i get this error:

/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[4]: *** [libonig.la] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [external_libs/onig/.libs/libonig.a] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Before I break down and cry, has anyone else installed Rubinius on
Mac PPC? What tricks did you use?

We had someone in IRC with this same problem a minute ago. It appears
that the oniguruma configuration step is breaking on Mac PPC.
Hopefully we can get it fixed tonight.
If you want to come to #rubinius on irc.freenode.net, we would welcome
another PPC guinea pig.

Evan uses a PowerBook, so we know it works on PPC. There's some
system-specific weirdness for some people that we would like to nail
down.

Ari Brown

We had someone in IRC with this same problem a minute ago. It appears
that the oniguruma configuration step is breaking on Mac PPC.
Hopefully we can get it fixed tonight.
If you want to come to #rubinius on irc.freenode.net, we would welcome
another PPC guinea pig.

Hehe. I happen to be seydar :)

Do with me as you will (as long as it doesn't require big
installations - HD Space is running very low)!

Is there a Rubinius IRB?
-------------------------------------------------------|
~ Ari
crap my sig won't fit

Wilson Bilkovich

Hehe. I happen to be seydar :)

Do with me as you will (as long as it doesn't require big
installations - HD Space is running very low)!

Is there a Rubinius IRB?

Yeah. Just run the rubinius binary with no other arguments, and it will start.
You can also run it manually; it's called sirb.rb
(s for simple, or shotgun, depending on your preference and mood)