Rubular Rocks

Daniel Berger

Big thumbs-up to Rubular:

=A0http://rubular.com/

It made all the difference in the development of one of my most recent
projects.

Thank You, Mr. Lovitt.

I second this motion. I've definitely used it for sanity checking. :)

Regards,

Dan

Richard Conroy

I second this motion. I've definitely used it for sanity checking. :)

+1

I love the way you can train or observe a regex with inputs to see which it
passes and which it rejects.
Instant seed data to my validation tests.

Now if somebody would do an equivalent tool for XPath that would make my
day. I have had a lot of
difficulty trying to get traction with learning XPath. Tis annoying,

regards,
Richard.

John W Higgins

Now if somebody would do an equivalent tool for XPath that would make my
day. I have had a lot of
difficulty trying to get traction with learning XPath. Tis annoying,
Not to hijack the thread or anything - but the Firefinder addon to firebug (
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11905) would be pretty
equivalent for either XPath or CSS. Not as informative as to syntax - but
certain simple to test out your filters on any page you want.

John

Richard Conroy

Not to hijack the thread or anything - but the Firefinder addon to firebug
(
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11905) would be pretty
equivalent for either XPath or CSS. Not as informative as to syntax - but
certain simple to test out your filters on any page you want.
I appreciate the hijack. Now back to our scheduling program of unadulterated
Rubular fawning.

Tim Pease

=20
=20
=20
+1
=20
I love the way you can train or observe a regex with inputs to see = which it
passes and which it rejects.
Instant seed data to my validation tests.
=20

At the last boulder.rb users meeting, someone mentioned that they =
writeup a regular expression in rubular, hit the "make a permalink" =
button, and then paste the resulting URL into their source code as a =
comment where the regular expression is declared. Great way to document =
how the regular expression functions.

Blessings,
TwP=

Ralph Shnelvar

TP> At the last boulder.rb users meeting

Is that Boulder Colorado? If so ... is there a meetup or a website,
etc.?

Tim Pease

TP> At the last boulder.rb users meeting
=20
Is that Boulder Colorado? If so ... is there a meetup or a website,
etc.?
=20

Indeed, it is Boulder, Colorado.=20

http://boulderruby.org/

The next meeting is Monday, Nov 16. The group regularly meets on =
Wednesday, but that conflicts with RubyConf this year, so we are meeting =
on Monday for this month only.

Blessings,
TwP