Ruby 1.8.3 preview1

Thursday

Matz mentioned a 1.8.3 preview release this month to developers, does
anyone know the status?

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: Ruby 1.8.3 preview1"

|Matz mentioned a 1.8.3 preview release this month to developers, does
|anyone know the status?

It was scheduled on 12th but some bugs are found to be fixed. I think
preview1 will be released during this week. Stay tuned (on ruby-core).

matz.

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: Ruby 1.8.3 preview1"

|Is there (going to be) a changelog listing what's going into 1.8.3?

No new features. 1.8.3 is a bug fix release.

matz.

gabriele renzi

Yukihiro Matsumoto ha scritto:
Hi,

In message "Re: Ruby 1.8.3 preview1"

|Matz mentioned a 1.8.3 preview release this month to developers, does
|anyone know the status?

It was scheduled on 12th but some bugs are found to be fixed. I think
preview1 will be released during this week. Stay tuned (on ruby-core).

matz.

while we're at it let me report a problem.
I'm not a ruby-core subscriber, so I can't report it there, and there
was alredy a bug report about this that was closed but I still can see
the problem.

test_readline(TestReadline) hangs forever on my windows box with today's
cvs for RUBY_1_8, the other readline tests run just fine.

I'm using gcc version 3.4.2 (mingw-special) on windows XP SP2, on an
athlon 2000+. I don't know how to check for the readline version, but I
can report the bug again and attach mkmf.log, if you want it.

PS
good news for windows users, it seem that now crashing irb with
completion enabled is impossible (or at least much harder :)