Ruby 1.8.6 problem

Jeffrey Bowen

I've just installed ruby 1.8.6 and my Windows programs
will not run.

In fxri
puts "hi"
=> hi

In SciTE test.rb contains puts "hi". It's result is
"The system cannot find the file specified." I get
this result from all my programs.

Thank goodness the two big programs I have written run
on my Linus box's.

Jeff

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

dblack

Hi --

I've just installed ruby 1.8.6 and my Windows programs
will not run.

In fxri
puts "hi"
=> hi

In SciTE test.rb contains puts "hi". It's result is
"The system cannot find the file specified." I get
this result from all my programs.

Thank goodness the two big programs I have written run
on my Linus box's.

I'm not sure but I wonder whether Windows is adding an extra extension
to your file, so that it's test.rb.rb or test.rb.txt or something. It
does that a lot.

David

--
* Books: