Ruby 1.9.1 on Windows - missing DLLs in gem installer

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Diego Guillen, Mar 3, 2009.

  1. Hi friends,

    I downloaded the Ruby-1.9.1-p0 Binary for Windows. After unpacking the
    zipped file, it runs fine, BUT when I try to issue the following gem
    install command:

    gem install sqlite3-ruby --include-dependencies

    it starts complaining that a lot of DLLs are missing; among them I
    listed the following:

    datasvcs.dll, icudt24l.dll, icuin24.dll, icuio24.dll, icuuc24.dll,
    libeay32.dll, libmex.dll, libmwservices.dll, libmx.dll, libut.dll,
    libz.dll, mpath.dll, msvcrt-ruby191.dll, mvalue.dll, m_dispatcher.dll,
    nscrt.dll, readline.dll, ssleay32.dll, xerces-c_2_1_0.dll, zlib.dll.

    The questions are:
    (Q1)- what are these files?
    (Q2)- why it is asking for them?
    (Q3)- Where can I get them? (preferably, in one pack)

    After downloading these files, one by one, from dlldll.com (?), an error
    message saying:

    "ruby.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point
    rl_vi_editing_mode could not be located in the dynamic link library
    readline.dll"

    I presume this message occurs if the DLL versions do not match, which
    leads to (Q3).

    Any insight would be helpful. Thanks,
    DiegoG

    Diego Guillen, Mar 3, 2009