ruby 1.9.1 without native threads?

Tom M

I downloaded ruby 1.9.1-preview1 and ran ./configure --enable-
threads=no on both Leopard and an old RH box. According to the
configure script, this is a valid option. However, when I try to run
make, I get an error:

gcc -O2 -g -Wall -Wno-parentheses -pipe -fno-common -I. -I.ext/
include/i386-darwin9.5.0 -I./include -I. -DRUBY_EXPORT -
D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE -o dmyencoding.o -c dmyencoding.c
make: *** No rule to make target `thread_.h', needed by
`miniprelude.o'. Stop.

Is this an actual bug in the build, or is the configure script simply
wrong in saying that ruby 1.9 can build w/o pthread?

Thanks,
Tom Macklin

Roger Pack

Tom said:
I downloaded ruby 1.9.1-preview1 and ran ./configure --enable-
threads=no on both Leopard and an old RH box. According to the
configure script, this is a valid option. However, when I try to run
make, I get an error:

gcc -O2 -g -Wall -Wno-parentheses -pipe -fno-common -I. -I.ext/
include/i386-darwin9.5.0 -I./include -I. -DRUBY_EXPORT -
D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE -o dmyencoding.o -c dmyencoding.c
make: *** No rule to make target `thread_.h', needed by
`miniprelude.o'. Stop.

looks like either a bug in the build or a dependency miniprelude has
with threads. I'd ask in ruby core.
Thanks!
-=R