Ruby 1.9.2-p0 mingw32 on vista 64 -- interpreter crashes callingthread.join

Kevin D.

t = Thread.new {somecode}
t.join

causes the interpreter to crash
(This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way)

while...

t = Thread.new {somecode}
sleep 1
t.join

or...

t = Thread.new {somecode}
puts "anything"
t.join

does not

Roger Pack

you could attach gdb to it to get a backtrace.
I know there used to be a bug in 1.9.1 that would cause this behavior,
but thought it was fixed...
seems to work fine here on 32 bit
ruby 1.9.2p0 (2010-08-18) [i386-mingw32]